Gujarat State Eligibility Test (GSET) Syllabus 2016
::::: EXAMINATION STRUCTURE AND SCHEME:::::
- The Test will consist of three papers. All the three papers will consist of only objective type questions and will be held in two separate sessions as under:
- Paper-I shall be of general nature, intended to assess the teaching/research aptitude of the candidate. It will primarily be designed to test reasoning ability, comprehension, divergent thinking and general awareness of the candidate. Sixty (60) multiple choice questions of 2 marks each will be given, out of which the candidate would be required to answer any 50. In the event of the candidate attempting more than 50 questions, the first 50 questions attempted by the candidate would be evaluated.
- Paper-II shall consist of 50 objective type compulsory questions based on the subject selected by the candidate. Each question will carry 2 marks.
- Paper-III will consist of 75 objective type compulsory questions from the subject selected by the candidate. Each question will carry 2 marks.
- All questions of Paper-II and Paper-III will be compulsory, covering entire syllabus (including all electives, without options).
|Session||Paper||Marks||Number of Question||Duration|
|First||I||100||60 out of which 50 question to be attempted||09.30 A.M. to 10.45 A.M.|
|First||II||100||50 questions all are compulsory||11.00 A.M. to 12.15 P.M.|
|Second||III||150||75 questions all are compulsory||02.00 P.M. to 4.30 P.M|
- Syllabus for GSET Examination will be the same as UGC / CSIR NET. Syllabi for all Gujarat SET (GSET) subjects can be downloaded from the GSET Website www.gujaratset.ac.in . GSET Agency, Vadodara will not send the syllabus to individual candidates.
This will comprise of following steps:
- Step I: Minimum marks to be obtained in Gujarat SET (GSET) for considering a candidate for eligibility for lectureship:
The candidates are required to obtain following minimum marks separately in Paper-I, Paper-II and Paper-III as given below:
- Step II: Amongst those candidates who have cleared step I, a merit list will be prepared subject-wise and category-wise using the aggregate marks of all the three papers secured by such candidates.
- Step III: Top 15% candidates (for each subject and category), from the merit list mentioned under step II, will be declaredGujarat SET (GSET) qualified for eligibility for lectureship.
- It may be noted that the above qualifying criteria decided by GSET is final and binding.
- There is no provision of re - evaluations of papers.
GSET EXAM Syllabus 2016
|CATEGORY||Minimum Marks (%) to be obtained|
|PAPER – I||PAPER – II||PAPER– III|
|GENERAL||40 (40%)||40 (40%)||75 (50 %)|
|OBC(Non-creamy layer)/SC/ST/PH/VH||35 (35%)||35 (35%)||60 (40 %)|